2007 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN RHODE ISLAND AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entry. To enter, submit sign up for EA Arcade newsletter at http://preferences.fun.ea.com/ea/mf_arcade.asp website as directed between 12:00:01 a.m. PST on July 23th, 2007and 11:59:59 p.m. PST on August 6th , 2007 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: Only one entry per username and email address will be accepted. Completed entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on 8/6/2007. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, damaged or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to website entries. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited . Sponsor, in its sole discretion , reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and Conditions.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, except for Rhode Island, who are 13 years of age or older at time Sweepstakes begins and who had Internet access as of July 21, 2007 . Residents of Rhode Island are not eligible. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and the immediate families of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. There are three (3) prizes.
One (1) first prize winner will receive:
A collection of videogame consoles, which include the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system,., Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) console, SEGA CD, 3DO, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation and PC; a collection of Wing Commander computer game software for the videogame consoles; 11,200 Xbox Live Arcade Microsoft Points
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the first prize is $1000.00
Two (2) second place winnerswill each receive 11,200 Xbox Live Arcade Microsoft Points.
Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries in the Sweepstakes.
. The ARV of the second place prizes are $280 USD each.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value. Game versions, including platform for play, to be awarded as prizes are subject to availability. . All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
Winners will be determined by random drawing on or about 8/8/2007 from all Eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted at Sponsor's address as indicated in Section 6 of these rules by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding.
Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim Prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor's parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. Winners will be notified on or about 8/13/07 by an email sent to the email address specified on the entry form. If winner cannot be contacted at this email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the Prize or is ineligible to accept the Prize, Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a United States shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
4. General Conditions. Electronic Arts Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. Entrants and Winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor's control , including, without limitation, insufficient volume of eligible entries , and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree (i) that Sponsor may post their username and hometown on Sponsor's website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Electronic Arts, this Sweepstakes or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants except if entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the judges, and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States . If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
5. Winners list. A winners list will be available at www.ea.com after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two weeks, and is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope marked “ Wing Commander Arena Sweepstakes, Electronic Arts, ” 250 Shoreline Blvd. Redwood City CA, 94065.
6. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2007 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.